Friday 1 June 2012

Orts and all

It seems to be the theme of everything here this week, recycling and making use of things that would otherwise get thrown out.  This pillowcase is full of threads, fabric and batting trimmings that are too small for using and before it took over, I thought it had better be put to good use.
It would make the inside of a new dog bed.  I made a cover from an old curtain, I have no idea where it came from, but it was faded and marked and wouldn't have been used for anything.  I cut it up, sewed the bits together and made a very large pillow.
It's big enough for Finley to stretch on, and the inside is loose enough for him to rearrange.
Straight away, he was sniffing and pawing, and in two shakes of a cat's tail, he was settled.

I think Hamlet feels left out, but he took his go when Finley went out.  Maybe, when the pillowcase has been filled again, a cat sized bed will have to be made.

7 comments:

Miriam said...

Dogs will use their own bed, but cats would prefer to use the bed/newspaper/embroidery (and so on) of others in my experience!

Maggi said...

I too find that cats tend to sleep anywhere except the bed you prepare for them. Finley certainly looks to be enjoying it.

stitchersanon said...

That is a brilliant idea...and as I am now quilting (your could probably hear the swearing and feel the stress lol) I suspect I will have lots of left overs roflxxx

Terry said...

He looks very happy on his new bed! :0)

Tudy said...

Good idea.

Karen said...

wow....even your pets get hand made!

Rudee said...

I'm sure Finley would agree...this is recycling at its best!