Saturday 31 October 2009

More Rolls

These rolls were made just using interfacing, rather than batting.  This means they are not so bulky.


I had enough of the red fabric to do a small crochet hook holder, without a flap.  As there wasn't enough to do a larger one to match, I did another pen holder instead.

I was hoping to get some more done, but I ran out of black fabric for the binding and ribbon.  I have all the fabric all prepared and pinned waiting for the binding, but it will  have to wait until Wednesday when I can get back to the fabric shop for some more.

I realised once I had put the machine away, I had some cushion covers to make, so I guess that will be my project for the weekend.

7 comments:

zetor said...

Great idea, would make good Christmas presents. Thankyou for your good wishes on our Anniversary.

stitchersanon said...

Wow, it is lovely. I WISH I could think if of reason for having one! Out of interest, how do you attach binding? I bought a quilting kit and it said I had to hand stitch it but surely that cant be right, especially for big quilts lol
Off to think of a reason for ordering a roll off you ;-)
Ah, got it! Could you make one for knitting needles?

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great idea - neat work :)

Sandy said...

Very cute idea...have fun stitching this weekend!

Annie said...

I think the interfacing idea is a good one. It's not like these things are so fragile. They really don't need a lot of padding. These look great.

Elena said...

Very cute pen holder!

Karan said...

I do like these - practical & pretty. :0)