Wednesday 14 October 2009

Montana Tunic Finished


Tha montana tunic for the KAL is complete.  It got DS2's seal of approval.  As soon as it came off the needles, he had it on and didn't take it off until he went to bed.  I have now reclaimed it for myself.

I knitted it using Wendy Pampas Super chunky yarn which is an acylic (70%), wool (30%) mix.  Being super chunky, it was very quick to knit.  Another plus, there was no sewing up to do at the end as it was done on circular needles.

It was a bit of a shock to the system to go from super chunky to knitting with double knit yarn.  It seemed so fine and it definitely doesn't grow so quickly.  Never mind, perseverance is the key.

Thank you , Rudee, for organising the KAL

9 comments:

Annie said...

That turned out really well. Should be nice and warm. Plus the cowl neck will mean the itchy part won't be close to your skin!

Rudee said...

It's so pretty, Jane! Chunky yarn can be really satisfying, don't you think? No seams? That's an added bonus.

Well done!

Elena said...

It is so beautiful! I really like you did the collar! I would never think that the yarn was chunky. You did an amazing job!

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, it's lovely! I bet it's nice and warm and toasty, too, which is always a bonus in the fall :)

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Good Morning Jane,

The Montana Tunic is great. You are a whiz with those needles, You family is very fortunate to have such a talented Mum. Hugs Judy

Thanks also for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely message for me to read.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy G said...

I always enjoy coming to your blog...never know what wonderful project you have to share with us.
You do such beautiful work!

zetor said...

Very nice, I have never mastered circular needles.

Karan said...

It looks fabulous. Love the fabric postcards you've been making too, especially the acorn ones. Enjoyed my catch up. :0)