Tuesday 13 October 2009

Acorns 2



This time I just did the outlines of the leaves and acorns.  Again I used two strands of DMC and blended the colours on all but the stems.  The stems were done in stem stitch, the other outlines were done in split stitch. 

Once the embroidery was complete, the embroidered band was machine stitched to the leaf fabric and then made into the card.  According to DS2, this one isn't finished because it wasn't filled in! 

That's four cards done.  As I have maybe six more to do, I need to get my thinking cap on for some more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving your latest creations Lou. Very clever lady....

stitchersanon said...

I am drooling. Make one for DS2 adn tel lhim to fill it in lol..should buy a bit of peace hehe.

Annie said...

A beautiful variation on the theme. Too funny about the 'unfinished' piece!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello jane, Love the acorn creation. Great job. Hugs Judy

Elena said...

Wonderful! Love your idea with the different colors of the threads!

Maggi said...

You are being so busy with your postcards, and they are all so lovely.

Kucki68 said...

I love the outline look!