Sunday 11 October 2009

Another Autumn Postcard


On this one, I have left the leaf rubbing untouched and added the stitching around it.  In the lower half, I have done random lazy daisy stitches in two autumn colours.  Above the leaf, I have done a few lines of running stitch to follow the contours of the leaf then added the season and year.

The next two postcards are going to be completely different, unless  I find some more leaves I like.

I did get the front of the montana tunic finished and the shoulders are joined.  I had time to start the neck but I needed to find a different needle.  As  Rumple Teaser was sat on my feet.  I decided the safer option was  to sit still.  Claws in toes are not very comfortable.  I will find the needle before I sit down this evening, and make a start on it tonight.  There are 17 inches of neck to knit!

5 comments:

stitchersanon said...

I love it....love the colours and love the arty effect with the stitching.

Annie said...

Another gorgeous piece. I like this one even better than the last!

Elena said...

I love your idea with the stitches! Gorgeous postcard!

Gina E. said...

Claws in toes - ha ha!! Especially when they are kneading!

Maggi said...

Lovely postcard. The stitching really adds to the overall effect.