J has been asking for a little drawstring pouch for months, so as my brain is finally beginning to work again, I got around to making him one. I had to get the sewing machine out anyway, as he had a pair of trousers that needed sewing up, so it was a matter of killing two birds with one stone.
I made the pouch using some black cotton polyester and used black cord for the drawstring. I have made it, but to prolong the agony, it has been put away as a surprise for him.
I've finally made a start on the KAL tunic. The rib I ended up doing twice. I started this just as I was getting ill and things weren't going right.
I cast on, joined the circle, and knit the rib. I then looked at the pattern to see what I had to do next and read, "do not join". "Oh bother!", I thought, and pulled the knitting off the needles and started again. As I again read the pattern to cast on, I saw the page of the magazine had flipped over and I had done it right in the first place!
I didn't trust myself to get the pattern and side markers in the correct places so this went away until this weekend when I thought I might be able to comprehend the pattern.
I have successfully set the patterns and need to keep knitting until this reaches 19". It is really strange for me, to be knitting in the round. It seems to be taking a long time to grow, but I suppose it will be quicker in the long run, as there will be less sewing up to do. I just need to keep an eye on how much yarn I am using, I would hate to run out.