Sunday 4 October 2009

Did you miss me?

I have had a really heavy cold, complete with high temperatures, sore throat, bad chest and earache.  I had two days when I wasn't able to do anything at all.  The boys were fantastic, supplying lots of drinks and cooking or helping with cooking.  If I hadn't felt so rotten, it would be worth doing it again!

It meant that the round robin I should have completed last weekend didn't get finished until the end of this week.



Here is the calf I did for Lynne.  It is from an ornament kit by Janlynn.  I will send the ornament to Lynne too as she likes cows so much.  This should be in the post this week and that is all the round robin's complete.

Hopefully, now  the germs are subsiding, I can catch up on some of the other projects that need to be done.

11 comments:

zetor said...

So sorry you have been unwell, hope those ghastly germs are departing.Send those boys over here, I could do with help in the kitchen! Lovely stitching though.

Karen said...

I really hope you are feeling better now. Swine Flu?? Take it easy for a while, you may not quite be better yet. x

Deepa said...

Yes, I did miss you... was wondering what happened.Now I know.
Take care,
Deepa

Gina E. said...

That is lovely Jane - the calf, I mean! I'm sorry to hear you have been so sick - bad colds are the pits, aren't they. You're lucky to have sons who care enough to look after you!

hokgardner said...

Hope you're on the mend. I've been sick for weeks and have gotten absolutely no knitting done - nor much of anything else.

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you've been ill! That sounds like a miserable one (maybe even the flu?). I'm glad the boys were such a help, but I agree, it's not worth being sick again :) Take care of yourself!

stitchersanon said...

I did wonder if you were Ok...so I am glad to hear you are now! Bless those boys, nice sensible lads. I love the cow: very realistic ;-)

Annie said...

I did miss you. I was going to send you an e-mail tomorrow if you hadn't posted.

This is the start of the cold and flu season unfortunately. Hope you are on the mend.

The calf is perfect for the RR. I'm sure it will look great with the other motifs.

Rudee said...

It sounds like you had the flu. I hope you're on the mend.

Sandy said...

Glad you are feeling better. I hate being sick, don't you?
It is nice to be waited on once in awhile..we all deserve it!

Karan said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well - hope you're feeling much better now. Lovely lads you have. :0)
Nice RR piece. :0)