The hexagon flowers were looking at me, and I thought they could be made into something. I decided on a candle mat, although, it could be used as for a mug.
It was quite easy to do. The hexagon was machine stitched to some red fabric which was trimmed. I've used a thin batting which gives it some stability, and once the whole thing was turned right way out, I did a line of stitching close to the outside edge.
I then stitched in the ditch around the central hexagon, and around the outside of the flower. A quick and satisfying project.
After it was done, I sorted some more scraps and had enough for one more flower.
I think this is the last of the red projects for January's Rainbow scrap challenge.