Monday 27 February 2012

For Want of a Button

You would think it would be easy buying buttons, but it's always one of those things that gets forgotten, or only done when it fits in with something else.
I did go and buy buttons for this little jacket some time ago, but due to a brain malfunction, I came home with one too few.  The extra button has taken a long time to find it's way back home, but it's done now.  Eventually!

I like the style of it, it's like a dress jacket, perfect for a little lady,

and the sleeves follow the same pattern on the cuffs.

This mohair jacket has been waiting for a somewhat longer period of time for it's buttons.  Just let's say a lot was going on at the time this one was finished.  It was before I moved, and as you know, time flies.  We've been here five years!  This poor thing has been folded in the drawer waiting patiently.  Now, the buttons are on, and I have a new blanket with sleeves to keep me warm.

De Stash page has been updated, more magazines and some buttons!

8 comments:

Maggi said...

Both re lovely. Glad you were able to find an extra button.

Anonymous said...

Buying buttons is one of my least favourite jobs as they can make or break a garment. These look lovely. I love the cuffs on that little cardigan.

Tudy said...

I love buying buttons so I have a lot of them in stock, but not always the ones I want. I think they look great and you picked the right ones.

Annie said...

Those purples are so pretty. Nice to see them 100% done.

Terry said...

I'm glad you finally got the buttons you needed! Both of those sweaters are lovely! :0)

Linda said...

Pretty little purple sweaters. Both are just so cute, the buttons are just perfect with them. Aren't you glad they are finished? So sweet! I love the sleeves on the first one. Some lovely little girl will look so cute in that! Good job.

Terry said...

such a cute little cardigan. Glad you found the buttons for both your projects.

Nice finishes!!

Rudee said...

Both are beautiful, but the top one is absolutely adorable. I love the sleeves!