Thursday 16 February 2012

The Garden Bench

I decided to treat myself at the beginning of the year and bought myself a Lynette Anderson, BOM.  It involves two things I enjoy, stitching and quilting.

The first part came at the end of January, followed very quickly with the second part the first week of February.  Each month has two little stitcheries, so guess what?  I'm catching up with something else.  I want to get the stitching done first, then I can start cutting fabric to make up the blocks.

This is the first one, The Garden Bench, and once I started, it was quite enjoyable to do.  All the stitches are ones I know and enjoy, so no stress involved at all. 

There are two more weeks to this month, so hopefully, there will be plenty of time to do the other three.  The next one has less stitching to do, so should be quick to do.

8 comments:

Kucki68 said...

It looks lovely!

Angela said...

I'm a big fan of Lynette's design. I have her quilting cats and dogs book. I started a frogs and lily pond quilt of her's last year - I must dig that one out and add it to my list of projects to get going with again this year :)

stitchersanon said...

very pretty and just worked out what bom means rofl...what will you do with them when fimished?

Annie said...

So pretty! You should have great fun with that. She has some of the nicest designs.

Terry said...

That's very pretty! Looks like you'll have fun catching up! :0)

Sue said...

It is good to do something familiar so you can just enjoy it. Good on you for spoiling yourself....You deserve it!

Tudy said...

Love the bench block.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable design and what lovely stitching. An excellent treat I think.