Saturday 4 February 2012

TAST-Cretan Stitch

It was back to catching up with TAST this week, but before I moved on to Cretan stitch, I decided to try and see the effect of working feather stitch in rows.  One side is done going the same way, the other in the opposite direction.  It was interesting seeing the shape of the intersections with the different directions.
Another hexagon was used to do a leaf in Cretan stitch, which I didn't find easy at all


I had made up another piece of silk and lace to work on
The first stitch was a line of open Cretan stitch

This was easier to work, and more pleasing to my eye.  Now onto this weeks stitch


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love the effect of the two way feather stitch.

Maggi said...

Great samples Jane

Gina E. said...

I love seeing what people do with feather stitch - it is one of my favourites. It took me months to get the hang of Cretan stitch though, and even now when I choose it to embellish a project, I still get kind of nervous, and have to look up my written instructions. It's always wobbly to start with, and I usually have to FROG a few inches before I get it right!

Terry said...

You're doing so well with all these stitches! I really do like the look of that leaf! :0)

Rudee said...

This is so pretty.

Miriam said...

My leaves are not perfect either, I guess it needs practising. Stitching TAST white-on-white is looking very good and the herringbone will give you no trouble at all.