Sunday 5 February 2012

TAST-Herringbone Stitich

Herringbone stitch is another I like, possibly because of it's resemblance to cross stitch.
I used a line of it to couch down the edge of the lace, and then put in a french knot in each of the spaces of the little cups.

On this hexagon, I did two rows of double herringbone in a thicker thread.

I am now all caught up, unless I get another flash of inspiration and add something else, otherwise, I am waiting for next weeks stitch to be revealed.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

This is looking so lovely! And I really like that you are working in all white. So clean and fresh looking along with a timeless look and feel to the cloth you are making. I really want to do one of these some day!:)

Maggi said...

it looks so lovely. Herringbone is another favourite of mine.

Anonymous said...

Ditto- love herringbone it's fun to stitch and looks complicated without actually being complicated to stitch.

Terry said...

It looks great! I don't blame you for just waiting for the next part. You have plenty of other things to work on! :0)

Anonymous said...

This is coming along nicely. I like the added French knots.

Anonymous said...

This is coming along nicely. I like the added French knots.

Tudy said...

I like the look of it too. Very pretty.

Karen said...

gorgeous hexagon....reminds me of the snow you are trapped by!!