Wednesday, 1 February 2012

As Requested

The boys put in their requests, and sometimes they get fulfilled.  It may take a little time, but if I can make it, I usually do.  When I made my fabric book, Jonathan decided he wanted a book cover, and of course it had to be black.
At the time, I didn't have enough black to make it, so the idea was on the back burner.  After finishing the quilt last week, I had some black left over and, with a few scraps, I had just what I needed.

I used the same principles as I'd used in the fabric book, but this time, I made the closure loop from fabric and machine stitched to the back cover.

Inside, I used contrasting fabric and put some flaps either side for the book to fit into.  It didn't take long at all, and I'm fairly pleased with the out come.  Daniel thinks he'll love it, so we shall wait and see.

While I was at the sewing machine, I was a good girl and sorted the scraps as I went.  I've got some more 21/2" squares to go in my bag, some more to make red hexie flowers and another crumb block.
All in all, it was quite a satisfying session at the sewing machine.

5 comments:

Evie said...

A very good days work indeed, I'd say. With very lovely results.

Terry said...

You sure did have a good sewing day! And now that's one more thing done off your list! :0)

Annie said...

At least you found a way to use some other colors in the lining! Great book cover and another thing to keep in mind for a 'boy' gift!

Donna said...

Great sewing day for you. The boy's book cover looks good.

Gina E. said...

Very productive! Sounds like you have recovered from last week's slump - thank goodness!
It is a good idea to sort the scraps while you are 'creating' them from a larger project. Mine get tossed into a box and sorted out months down the track, which then takes a couple of days!