On the way to making the hexagon flowers for this month, I got a little distracted. You know how it goes, you read a blog that then points you to something else. You click on it, and think, I just have to do this.
Well, I got put in this direction- http://www.designsbyfee.com/2011/10/hexagon-needle-book-tutorial.html. As I like hexagons, and little needle cases always come in useful, I had to give it a go. I used the last of my tiger fabric. (I can't remember where it came from, but it's has seemed never ending!)
Inside is lined with felt for the pins and needles, and the ribbon fastens it all closed.
I had to use a complimentary fabric on the back.
Be warned, it's an easy enough project to make, but it's very easy to get into a sticky mess, I even managed to get glue in my hair. Gaynor, if you're reading this, you would have been proud of the mess I made!
Now the first one is out of the way, the next one will be easier to do, I'd love to do some with "pretty" fabric.
As an aside, I've had to enable comment moderation as I've been getting unwanted, spam messages advertising inappropriate products. As soon as the problem dies down, I shall remove it. It's not something I like doing, but sometimes these things become necessary.