Thursday 23 February 2012

Hexagon Needle Case

On the way to making the hexagon flowers for this month, I got a little distracted.  You know how it goes, you read a blog that then points you to something else.  You click on it, and think, I just have to do this.

Well, I got put in this direction- http://www.designsbyfee.com/2011/10/hexagon-needle-book-tutorial.html.  As I like hexagons, and little needle cases always come in useful, I had to give it a go.  I used the last of my tiger fabric.  (I can't remember where it came from, but it's has seemed never ending!)
Inside is lined with felt for the pins and needles, and the ribbon fastens it all closed.

I had to use a complimentary fabric on the back.

Be warned, it's an easy enough project to make, but it's very easy to get into a sticky mess, I even managed to get glue in my hair.  Gaynor, if you're reading this, you would have been proud of the mess I made!

Now the first one is out of the way, the next one will be easier to do, I'd love to do some with "pretty" fabric.

As an aside, I've had to enable comment moderation as I've been getting unwanted, spam messages advertising inappropriate products.  As soon as the problem dies down, I shall remove it.  It's not something I like doing, but sometimes these things become necessary.

13 comments:

Donna said...

Pretty needle case.
Spam is so annoying. Leave the comment moderation on.

MargB said...

I love this needle case and know how difficult it is to deal with glue - I try to avoid it at all times.

Anonymous said...

What is it with glue? It has a mind of it's own.

This is so cute. I've got some hexies cut that don't quite go with the quilt I'm planning so they are to become flower pincushions. The two together would make a cute set.

Annie said...

How cute! My first inclination was to try making one until you gave that warning about the glue. Now I'll have to think twice!

Maggi said...

Lovely and useful too.

Terry said...

How cute! I've wanted to make one of those for the longest time. I think I even printed off the instructions way back when. If only I knew where they were at! LOL

stitchersanon said...

oh not you as well..what is going on in blogland?? I think your hexagonal tiger is perfect...lovely

Linda said...

Cute needlecase. That sounds like something I do with glue too...Every time I use my hot glue gun, I burn myself too. So, I'm either a sticky mess with regular craft glue or burnt fingers...I choose the sticky mess!

Wendy said...

Very pretty needle case. I just love the tiger!

I hate getting spam and wish we did not have to deal with it. I leave my comment moderation on because of spam.

Angela said...

I love the idea of using a hexie for a needle case. I have some of that Tiger fabric too, if you've used all yours and are starting to miss it ;-)

Blu said...

Very cute! *wonders if she's up to dealing with glue today*

Tudy said...

Love the needle keep. You always do a great job on all your projects.

Rudee said...

You know, totally different needle case, but I think of you every time I take my double points out of their very special case you made for me. Makes me smile every time!