Saturday 25 February 2012

Hexagon Mat

I couldn't give up on trying a hexagon mat, so I thought about sewing it to some fabric, right sides together, adding some wadding and turning to the right side.
That was rather fiddly, and may not have been helped by listening to Bat Out Of Hell by Meatloaf!  However, eventually, I got it turned all the way through and then machine stitched around the edge to close the pocket, and make it all sit neatly. 

I did it, but I think I prefer it appliqued onto fabric, but you never know until you try these things.  The crumb block was much more satisfactory.

6 comments:

Terry said...

I think the mat is a tribute to you. I would have given up. The crumb block is nice.

Terry said...

Very nice little mat! You mean listening to Meatloaf didn't help you? I always find that music so motivating! LOL

Gina E. said...

That is such a good idea! YOU know how I prefer to 'bag' my quilting projects, and I see this as a form of bagging the tiny ones too! Crumb block is lovely.

Sue said...

lol @ Bat Out of Hell....Oh the memories! Both your projects look good. I agree....we never know until we try.

Maggi said...

I don't think that I would have fancied turning that shape. So fiddly but you did a great job. Just been listening to Meatloaf while doing my FMQ challenge - Meatloaf and feathers!!!

Anonymous said...

I think listening to Bat out of Hell is the only way when doing something so fiddly. I wish I had half your patience. It was worth the effort, though, as was the block.