Saturday 5 December 2009

Number Clowns

In between being busy with the boys and dealing with a couple of domestic disasters, I have managed to do a little sewing and knitting.

I finished the front and the sleeve on a girl's jumper and am just waiting delivery of another ball of yarn to get the second sleeve finished.  The first sleeve on J's jumper is still growing, though I still haven't completed all the increase rows.

I have also started a larger project from the Cross Stitch Crazy magazine.  This is a series of number clowns.


This is the first one, and the numbers go up to 9.  I am thinking of making it into a wall hanging for a chid's bedroom.  I am now on the lookout for some suitable fabric.  This project combines the joy of quick finishes with that of  doing a larger project.

 If I can find the fabric, I think this will be something to finish when the boys are away.  I have almost two weeks of peace and quiet to fill and I think this will do nicely.

6 comments:

stitchersanon said...

ooooooo. Lovely stitching..but I dont do clowns. An abomination of all that is good in the world...and a bit scarey lol

Sue said...

That will be fabulous as a wall hanging for a littlun. Enjoy your two weeks alone.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, Your stitching is always great. Truly enjoy your TWO weeks off and I hope you get lots of stitching done . We got a wee bit of snow yesterday so our winter has begun. Hugs Judy

Annie said...

A clown alphabet is so cool. That's going to be a fun project for sure. And 2 whole weeks of peace! Try not to wear out your fingers!

Elena said...

So cute and fun! Hope you will find the fabric that you would like!

Rudee said...

I'm afraid of clowns...

Thought you'd like to know, I got my needle holder today and I love it! It's so well made.

Thank you.

And gosh, wasn't that fast for shipping during the holidays? Awesome! I'll advertise for you next week ;-)