Monday 14 December 2009

Not as planned

The day started off well, the washing and ironing got done, the front room got cleaned and all by half nine.  Time to jump in the bath and then spend the day sewing.  Trouble was, the boys dinner was cancelled as the family they were suppposed to be visiting were ill.   My sewing time had to be changed to cooking time.  For some reason the boys don't appreciate not being fed.

I did manage to finish an ATC that was hanging around, and Clown Number 6 has joined the completed pile.

I might have had number 7 if I hadn't miscounted the number of stitches in the first row.  I had done the number and as I was starting to stitch the face and hands around it, I realised it was too small, by two stitches. It was easier and less time consuming to start again.

Let's hope today works out a little better.

6 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Kids these days expect too much. I just get into a rhythm and they claim it is feeding time. Honestly: do they really need to eat so much, and how come boys stomachs are always sooooo efficient at working out lunch and tea time???
hehe

Annie said...

Hungry kids can certainly interfere with crafting time. But you still managed to be productive on the needlework side anyway!
Congrats on the perseverance with the clown!

Rudee said...

I love the the ATC. The colors are beautiful.

Glad you fed the boys :-).

Knitting Linguist said...

Ah, yes -- schedules and kids! And yes, they do love to eat :) Of course, to be fair, so do I...

Elena said...

You have been so busy! Glad you finished all that you planned around the house! I love the ATC! Colors are so pretty! Clown is so much fun!!!

Karan said...

Am sure they appreciate it though. LOL Nice ATC. :0)