Wednesday 30 December 2009

Eventually-A Wall Hanging






It's taken a while, but I have finally finshed the autumn wall hanging.  The fabric that I used for the backing and binding came from the oddment bin at the fabric shop.  It cost me less than a pound and there is still some remaining, so I can't complain.


There was a little of the leaf fabric left over, so I made it into a bookmark.  I was lazy and used a shop bought tassle.

All  I have left from all these autumn projects are some leaves.  Now I have to decide how to use them, I think it might be some cards, but I'm not sure yet.

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great hanging and what a neat idea for the bookmark. :)

stitchersanon said...

Wow..very pretty. Well done! It looks gorgeous ;-)

Elena said...

Beautiful wall-hanging!Love the cute bookmark too!

Annie said...

Beautiful work. Nice finishing job. I love they way you made the pocket for the dowel.

Karan said...

Great bargain - finished the hanging off perfectly. Love the warm colours... just what's needed right now! Great idea for the crochet book cover too. :0)

Karan said...

Oops! Forgot to say that I like the bookmark too. I like how you turn every last bit into something useful. :0)