Sunday 27 December 2009

Draughts no more

It seems that our British weather has made the news in some parts of the world.  It has certainly been cold over the last couple of weeks, so while we were out last week, the boys and I decided I would make some draught excluders.


I made three and no, they are not all for the one door!  The fattest one is to go by the front door, and the others are for internal doors.  I used fabric that has been in my stash for so long, I can't remember where it came from.  I either inherited it from my mum, or else it was an ebay bargain.

As per usual, once you think of a solution to a problem, the problem goes away - it is now warming up outside.  Never mind, we will be prepared for the next cold snap we have. 

I am now waiting to see now if the cats will decide these need to be killed, or if the boys are more likely to use them to hit each other rather than to keep out the cold.

7 comments:

Rudee said...

I was thinking of knitting a couple of these. I think that would take awhile though. Yours are a better way. Stay cozy!

stitchersanon said...

My money is on draft excluding fights...cool.
They are lovely and dont worry...you have another cold spell on its way lol

Terry said...

Yep! I can definitely see my kids chasing each other around the house with those! LOL

Elena said...

So sorry about the cold weather... Stay warm and cozy!

Maggi said...

Judging by the weather forecast you won't have long to wait before these are needed.

Annie said...

Well it's nice to be able to re-purpose things in this age of re-cycling. Stay warm!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Good idea. They look great x