Thursday, 4 September 2008

Yippee


I actually finished knitting D's jumper today without running out of yarn. I am quite pleased with this one for the winter. The neck looks as if it will come up quite high and is nice and soft so should keep him warm. I am just waiting for D to come home and see if it meets with his approval. He was asking earlier today how much more I had to do.

This afternoon I even finished hemming this quilt. The boys then took it in turns behaving like old gentleman and wrapping it around their knees. J looked quite comical. He moved one of the armchairs for prime television viewing, and sat with the quilt over his lap. Old before his time I think.

Today I received the yarn to finish a cardigan that I had started for me a couple of years ago. That means in the next week that should be two more knitting finishes. With the weather forecast as it is for the weekend, it's not a moment too soon.

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

Jane, I love that quilt! It's made up of crazy patches, isn't it?

Karan said...

Yay - two finishes! Lovely jumper, it looks like it'll be a really warm one. The lap quilt is great - sounds like it got the seal of approval from your DS's too. :0)

Bernadette said...

The neckline finishing on the sweater is superb! Wow! I am speechless. If I ever get to your corner of the world, could you give me a lesson? The sweater looks store-bought instead of homemade. No wonder your son is happy to wear it. The quilt is wonderful, too. I hope you have plenty of nights to cozy under it.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Oooo the jumper looks beautiful, so warm and soft..... Love the quilt too. So much work you've put into it.