Thursday 11 September 2008

J's scarf

Tuesday was the start of J's scarf. I used Chunky Life by Stylecraft in Granite Marl. This is a 75% acrylic/25% wool mix and is so soft to knit with. It's going to be really warm and soft.

I cast on 50 stitches and knitted in 2x2 rib until I used up two 100g balls.

I finished knitting this last night. The boys made it easier to finish as they were unravelling the yarn trying to unwind enough to keep me going for an hour. Now, what more does a girl need than a challenge to get the needles flashing.

I also received a lovely book in the post yesterday,Feltmaking (Art of Crafts). I bought it from a seller on Amazon and she enclosed a lovely card.

Not only does it describe how to make felt, it discusses the history of felt and the craft of felt making. I can't wait to finish reading this book and embark on a new craft for me.

2 comments:

Scrappy Raven said...

Very nice and warm looking. I've tried felting once and it worked out very well. I want to try felted mittens as our winters are so cold.

Karan said...

Bet that feels as warm as it looks. :0)