Wednesday 7 September 2011

Two Become One

The two quarters of the afghan have been sitting on the side in the front room, waiting for me to sew them together.  If there was to be any chance of putting them away and tidying up, the needle had to come out and the two side put together.
 It didn't take too long to do, compared with the length of time it took to put the row together.  The longest time was taken up with sewing in all the end.
I now have half an afghan.  As it's now too big to put aside on my portfolio that holds my stitching etc, it's now hanging over the end of my bed.  At least I can get to enjoy looking at it from time to time, even if I can't use it yet.

Another crochet project has now been sewn up too.
The purple jacket is finished and just needs a decorative pin to use for fastening.  The next crochet pattern has been picked out, but I think it will be a little time yet before I get the yarn for it and begin.  There is some knitting to be done first.

12 comments:

Tudy said...

Wow, the blocks are so pretty. And I love the purple jacket. Nice job all around.

Terry said...

Your purple jacket is so pretty! What a great color! And your afghan is beautiful! How nice that you can keep it out now and enjoy seeing it all the time! :0)

scraphappy said...

Those are great looking blocks, good luck on finishing

Annie said...

Gorgeous colors in your afghan. Working in the ends is always the biggest pain on these block by block types.

Donna said...

Purple makes me drool! Love the purple jacket.

Sue said...

Love the jacket...fabulous colour. Your afghan looks awesome.

Maggi said...

Lovely jacket and you can always use the half-afghan to keep your feet warm. It looks gorgeous.

Wendy said...

Your blocks are just lovely! And I am in love with the purple jacket! Job well done.....have a great day....

deanna7trees said...

just love your afghan. i, too, keep some unfinished pieces hanging around just to admire them.

Linda said...

I agree, the jacket is lovely and the blocks look great all sewn together. This is going to be a beautiful afghan. I just love the colors in it.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever sleep? That jacket is lovely and you're going to be cosy warm this year.

Angela said...

That afghan is looking great!