Tuesday 13 September 2011

Embroider, Embellish, Create-Progress After Two Weeks

Two weeks are now completed, the first lesson of week three is released today, so I thought I'd share my progress so far.
 This is two pieces  completed and the two I am working on.
 Daniel's cloth is here, already with his name and date of birth stitched.  He has always been a very tactile child, so this will have lots of texture.  I've left some rough, fraying edges around the padded areas at the top.  This is because Daniel is well known for coming out with the wrong thing at the wrong time.  The large circle, and the stitched piece at the bottom are representations of a couple of carnivorous plants that Daniel grows.

The hanky on the right has been ruched ready for stitching in place.  Before ruching, I added hearts, Daniel's nickname and words that describe him.
 This is Jonathan's piece, although I've only stitched on the left so far.
 His nickname takes the place of his name, as this is what we use most of the time.  The stitched words on the left represent the types of books he reads on bookshelves, and of course a heart.  To the right of there, the piece is bordered by two rows of chain stitch that have another thread woven through.  I thought this looked just like bike chains, and at the moment, Jonathan is doing a lot of cycling.
This is the handkerchief stitched in place, and well worth the sore fingers I now have.  The first thing Daniel did was to touch it, as I knew he would, and he even picked out the parts of the words that were showing on the top.

More details can be found on my flickr page

This week, the pieces will begin to be joined together which will change the look of everything again.  Can't wait for the rest of this week.

8 comments:

Karen said...

looking good!!! two gold stars for you!

Annie said...

This is looking so beautiful. I love how you've put so much thought into this. And that's so cute how Daniel wanted to touch it!

Terry said...

You've done so well with this! It's just lovely! :0)

Tudy said...

Looks neat. I think you are having fun with this.

Unknown said...

these are absolutely beautiful and I love how you have used the stories behind them,.,,,,

Rudee said...

They're remarkably pretty.

Maggi said...

Absolutely lovely Jane.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your lovely boys. These are beautiful.