Monday 26 July 2010

Another Dog Quilt

I was going to make two dog quilts, one for each settee, but the dog now knows it's his.  As soon as he sees it go down on the chair, he is straight up on it.  I thought I'd still do a second quilt as it meant that I could rotate them and wash them.

This time I used Amy's tutorial for doing the binding.  This is the first time I've done a binding "properly".  All other explanations for doing the corners have been like double dutch to me, so it was really great to see one that explained it clearly with good photos.  The results weren't perfect, but as you can see, the dog doesn't care and it wasn't bad for a first attempt.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I agree with the dog.. it looks great to me. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. The decorative stitch is a good idea for the binding. I have that same problem with a straight stitch not catching the binding on the back.

Terry said...

I'm happy to see it has the Good Dog seal of approval! LOL The binding looks great for a first attempt! :0)

Elena said...

It looks great! Looks like the dog really likes it!
Thank you for sharing a link to tutorial!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lucky dog I am thinking. Enjoyed catching up on your blog.