Friday 12 October 2012

Tis the season to....

knit!
I think the cooler weather is triggering the desire to knit.  I've had this cardigan in slow progress all summer, but now, I'm putting in a concerted effort to get it finished.
 
I've never done one like this before, the borders and welts are added last, that's why each piece is curling up.  The cuffs on the sleeves are moss stitch, which makes a lovely change to rib.  If I can get rid of this cold, I'm hoping I can make good progress with it over the weekend.  I have lots of new things I'd like to do.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Nice color. Interesting construction will it require lots of sewing up?

Terry said...

You've made some good progress on this one! Tell your cold to leave you alone so you can get it finished! :0)

Tudy said...

I have never made one that way either. Hope the cold goes away quickly.

Unknown said...

I have a feeling that it is going to be perfect....

Rudee said...

It's a lovely color and pattern. I love moss stitch. I hope you feel better, soon, and get this finished.

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. Autumn evenings (or afternoons if you're lucky) curled up on the sofa with hot tea and knitting are one of life's simple pleasures.
Hope you're feeling better soon...I think having some sort of bug at this time of year is obligatory.