Tuesday 2 October 2012

Thread Catchers

I've been wanting to make these for such a long time, but they've slowly been falling down the to do list.  However, Tudy made some the other week and it reminded me to do some.
Martha has a great tutorial, and they are so easy and satisfying to make.

I used 61/2" squares to do mine.
 
These were supposed to have been made last week, as part of the Orange Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but the cut out squares sat waiting until yesterday.  The buttons were found in my button tin, and were the perfect way to finish the points.
 
They were so quick to do, I don't know why I waited so long.

14 comments:

stitchersanon said...

brilliant! That is my day sorted..going go see if I can adapt them into xmas tree ornies!

Terry said...

Jane they are georgeous and just the thing for Kriss Kringle. Did you sandwich some batting in between?

Anonymous said...

they are so cute Jane,well done a wonderful finish.xx

Terry said...

Those are so pretty! The buttons really finish them off nicely! :0)

Annie said...

Really cute. I like that you didn't fold that flap down as far as I did on mine. These are so useful and the fold down flat!

Karen said...

Jane, these are gorgeous!
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Tudy said...

They are so cute. I told you they were easy to make. Good job.

Fiona said...

I love those - thanks for the link...
Hugz

Maggi said...

Better late than never. These are really cute.

ersimarina said...

I love them, though I have no idea of how they work! Never seen one in Spain. But they are beautiful in themselves, purposes aside. I'd put jewellery in them, or even my keys :)

Rudee said...

Very cute.

Wendy said...

love these! Such a fun project!

Sue said...

Those are really cute.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, where have these been all my life?
I'm off to get the instructions now!
Thank you for sharing...and yours look so cute!