Monday 29 October 2012

False Starts

Evenings, when you're tired, are not the best time for starting a new cardigan that has a lace pattern.  You make mistakes, and have to start again.
 
Using a fluffy yarn when starting a new lace pattern, when you're tired means you have to start again.
 
Having children that talk to you while counting stitches, in a fluffy yarn, on a new lace pattern is a disaster, you have to start again.
Three attempts and two days, I finally get past the third row.  The boys have now had their gags removed, and normal communication has resumed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol,hope its okay now,happy knitting,love the colour Jane.xx

Wendy said...

Pretty color choice....hope you have control now and can proceed with your knitting...

Unknown said...

I didn't realise gagging the kids was an option ;-)

Terry said...

Well done finally getting it going! Should be much easier now! :0)

Tudy said...

I feel your pain, been there done that. Now it should go better.

Sue said...

lol You have my complete empathy. I'm unpicking a few rows on a shawl for similar reasons.

Rudee said...

I agree. Lace requires a fresh mind and solitude. Here is hoping that your next start is a good one.

stitchersanon said...

That is a lovely colour. I hope you get to go a little further forwards without having to start again xxx

Terry said...

A gold star for perseverance. And the smile on my face.

Knitting Linguist said...

Snort. I've had to do the same thing to my husband - "you can't talk to me now!!" I'm glad that you persevered, and that all is now well.

Anonymous said...

Love the colour of that yarn. I know what you mean about having to frog - I've decided that a large part of knitting is actually 'unknitting'. (Now you've established the pattern it should be better.)