Although it's been a while since they appeared on the blog, there has been work on the Embroiderers Ledger, but it has taken time for things to dry.
Here are my glued and painted tissue paper pages which took hours to dry. Instead of hot dry days, we've had cool, wet days, and it doesn't help things to dry.
Once they were dry, work could commence. This edge has been FME, ready for hand embellishment.
This is the surface I shall be working with.
On this piece, you can see I am no artist. I took motifs and shapes from the white cloth I did, and just "doodled" on the emulsion base to see the effect it had on different colour watercolour. Now I know how it works, I shall have to come up with something artistic for the future.
This technique of sandwiching motifs in tissue and hand stitching around, has to be one of my favourites. It's so easy, so simple, but it ends up being a really effective piece. For this sample, I cut petal shapes from a beautiful card I received.
The next stage will be to embellish the machine stitched paper with hand stitch, I shall be looking forward to that one. Ideas were buzzing around my head for that one in the night.