Wednesday 26 May 2010

Mosaic Star

I have finally started on catching up with Amy's BOM's.  I've been looking at some of them and thinking they were beyond my capabilities.  It was certainly the way I felt about this block, and to say it was a challenge, is an understatement.

This block is by no means perfect, but taking into consideration my experience, it could have been a lot worse.  This quilt will certainly be a good record of my introduction to piecing!
I am hoping the next block will be a little easier.

7 comments:

Annie said...

A teeny bit wonky, but still, looks great to me. Interesting subtle colors.

Terry said...

What pretty colors! And so many pieces in that block! It really is lovely! :0)

CraftyGryphon said...

That's a LOT of pieces in one block! Love the colors - happy and restful at the same time!

Rudee said...

It's like a puzzle, and looks incredibly complicated. You're doing a great job with this!

Anonymous said...

Well dear Loopy, took me forever to realize who my wonderful gift that I received yesterday was from I did not recognize the name and must admit I forgot the PIF. I will post tomorrow and send gifts on. Such beautiful work. I will use the bright tote for art supplies for Monday class. Thank you, thank you.
QMM

zetor said...

A brilliant start. The colours are very soothing.

Amy said...

YEAH JANE!
Way to take the plunge with that one! Yes, yes, it is a toughy due to the number of pieces, but you handled it well :0)
So proud of you to keep plugging away :0)