Saturday, 24 January 2009

Busy with the sewing machine

A bit later than planned, but the sewing machine did make an appearance today.

The first project was to make a cushion cover utilising the first Alla Turca section. I made a very simple envelope style cushion cover with the cross stitch panel attached to the centre front. I attached the cross stitch leaving a fringed edging as per J's preference.
It now has pride of place on one of my sofas and goes really well with the walls. I was so pleased to find suitable fabric in my stash too. It feels great to put it to good use and safe some pennies.
The next project was to make up the exchange piece. I have made it into a wall hanging, but pictures will have to wait until next month.

This is the pot pourri sachet complete (apart from gap left through which to insert pot pourri). This will find a home in one of my drawers.
While the sewing machine was out, I machine stitched the ribbons into place on my chicken scratch sampler. I will hopefully finish the hand embroidery on that tomorrow.
It is now back to D's jumper. I have almost completed the back so I can't complain about the progress.


6 comments:

Gaynor said...

All looking lovely...well done!

karen said...

Wow, you have been busy! Your pot pourri sachet is really pretty!

Paula Hewitt said...

the cushion looks lovely. a very positive result from a mistake! and now you'll have a cushio to go with the wall hanging.

Elena said...

Love how the pillow turned out!
And the sachet is so pretty!

Karoline said...

Great finishing, congratulations

Karan said...

Cushion looks brilliant & the little sachet is so pretty. Like the wool used for the new jumper too. :0)