Wednesday 9 February 2011

Day of Change

As I was supposed to be taking Daniel to an art workshop, I knew that there wouldn't be much time for sewing, but with an hour to spare before leaving, I thought I'd see how far I got with binding the mats.
 The small cats mat got done first, and I still had time.
 Next came the mug rug/pot stand and it was time to get ready to leave.  Just as I got my shoes, there was a text on my phone to say the workshop had been cancelled.  What was I going to do now?

After about five minutes to collect my thoughts, I was back in the kitchen, put on a saucepan of sweet potato and chili soup to cook and the larger of the cat mats was on the sewing machine to be bound.
By the time I'd done this the soup was cooked, so off went the gas, and the table topper was next to be bound.
This has now gone to be washed.  The pencil lines I'd drawn for quilting(which I didn't use) need to be washed out, and the cats hairs need to be removed.  This one is not for them, no matter what they think.

By the end of the morning I didn't think I was going to have, the cats had two new place mats, all my waiting mats had been bound, and I had a large saucepan of soup!

15 comments:

Annie said...

You really know how to make good use of your time! Beautiful work ... you've become as fast a quilter as you are a knitter!

Terry said...

Well done! You had quite the productive morning! :0)

Karen said...

well done!! very productive!!

Elke said...

A busy productive morning with great results!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

You really got a lot done! Cute ideas and I bet the kitties love them.

Lilian Pilar said...

Los gatitos felices con esta nuevo tapete y usted con una mañana super productiva.
Feliz sábado

Kittens happy with this new table and you with a super productive morning.
Happy Saturday

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I love how black and red look together!!! the mats look great!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Melinda said...

Good for you putting all of your time to good use. The mats are great.

scraphappy said...

Sounds like a fabulous AND productive morning. Way to go on using found time to get lots done. The mats look great.

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to make great use of bits of time...great idea!

Scrappy quilter said...

Well done and very creative.

Cattinka said...

You got a lot done, and all that in one morning! I like the new mats.
KATRIN W.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Daniel's workshop was cancelled but what a fabulous use of unexpected time. Well done!

Ellen said...

Your mats look great - I can see why the kitties like them.

happydaysquilting said...

Great idea! love the colours and quilting..