Saturday 25 July 2009

Gillet finished

This would have been finished a lot quicker if I had concentrated my time on it. The wool knits up really quickly, and having no sleeves to do was a bonus.


This feels so soft, it's beautiful, and the cats appreciate it too. This was knitted using Sirdar Peru Naturals, colour pico. It is 64% Wool, 31% Acrylic, 5% Alpaca, no wonder is it soft and warm.


There were a couple of ball ends left which I have knitted up and am going to try to felt. This will be a first for me. I'll see how it goes, then decide what to do with the three remaining balls.

The cushion pad arrived, so now the zebras are all big and squishy, it makes me wish I had quilted the giraffes now.


I am off to get some buttons for the gillet and hook roll. This should be an easier task than normal, I have remembered to pack them to take with me, rather than trying from memory!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the gillet and the pillow is marvelous! Beautiful work.

Terry said...

Two finishes...good for you! :0)

Annie said...

'gillet' - new word for me. I would say 'sweater vest', but whatever it's called, it's a beautiful piece.

And the pillow looks even better now that's it's stuffed.

hokgardner said...

What a pretty little gillet, which is a new word for me.

I'm at my mom's house and getting lots of knitting time while my parents wrangle the kids. I'm almost finished with a little dress for the baby.

zetor said...

Two great pieces of work. Well done. Will keep checking on your felting project , I haven't tried it before but seen quite a few examples and the effect looks good.

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, I love it! And what a fabulous color :)

Rudee said...

It's very pretty. Let me know how the felting goes. I have a lot of leftover encore but I didn't think about felting it with the acrylic in there. Inquiring minds would like to know how that works out.