Sunday, 26 July 2009

Almost, but not quite

I was very happy to find that the chart I had purchased, could be adapted to fit the round robin. The original chart has the cup on lace with a rose at the side. The tea cup was a perfect size, so I happily began stitching.

Unfortunately, I've run out of white thread, so it won't get finished until the end of the week, but at least it will still be on time.

I need to do the cross stitch inside the cup, and just a little on the front. Then it will be the back stitch around the top. I did as much of the backstitch I could yesterday. I am thinking of doing the full design, maybe for a tray insert, but that will be a to do one day project.

I've also got my felt samples.
I didn't do this the "proper" way, I knitted the wool left over and then put it through a hot wash. I think I may put it through another wash and see how it turns out then.

However, I do like the way this has turned out and have decided what I will do with the remaining three balls. I think there should be enough for me to knit a bag. I'll then put it through a hot wash and it will have the strength needed to hold whatever goes into a mum's bag. I'll have to go away and think of a design now.


5 comments:

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Good Morning Jane from Michigan. Love your cross stitched tea cup soooooo very lovely and I especially love the colors. Your wool felt would be perfect for a bag. lovely colors too. Hugs judy

Terry said...

Your teacup is lovely!! :0)

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, I love the colors in that yarn -- that's going to make a fabulous bag :)

Rudee said...

I love the teacup design.

Considering the acrylic content, I'm amazed you got the yarn to felt as much as it did. Nice!

Elena said...

Tea cup is so lovely! Can't wait to see the finished project!
Love the colors of the felt!