Wednesday 24 June 2009

One side complete

I finished doing the squares for the crocheted bag and had the task of joining them together. They are joined using double crochet. This is the first time I've done any joining and it didn't turn out too badly, though I am sure it will improve with each project.

Once the four squares were joined, a double crochet border was added all the way round. Then a another round in the granny square style. This was then ready to add the tab which will be used to attach to the handle.

The tab was done in double crochet rows. I must say, this is a lot neater than the rows I achieved on the class I went to a couple of months ago.

This is the end result. I need to sew in all the ends and get the other side put together. I just need to get the feeling back in my fingers first.

6 comments:

Andee said...

It is looking good! I finished my first crochet bag tonight and did joining too...went really fast! Your bag is really cute, I love that purple!

Annie said...

Nice job! Like most crafts, practice makes perfect.

Karen said...

just gorgeous! and may I ask....how many blogs does one woman need????? Your list grows longer every time!!

Anonymous said...

well done! i have finally got the hang of crochet myself - its fun, isnt it!

Elena said...

It looks so cute! Love the purple colors!

Karan said...

Looks lovely. As you do more you'll find everything gets neater... & quicker. :0)