Saturday 6 June 2009

Kick Start Needed

As you know, I've wanted to have a go at some crochet. I went to a class and I had remembered what I had learned as a child, and I even managed to crochet in rows. However, I have still been too scared to actually pick up a pattern and have a go. Silly, I know, but look what I found when I went shopping
It is full of fun patterns suitable for a beginner-at least, I think they are. It also came with some yarn and a crochet needle, so I have no excuse but to have a go.

I know that it will probably get pushed to one side unless I set myself a time to have try, so beware next Wednesday. The frustrated mutterings you'll be hearing could be coming from my corner of the world.

13 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

I got that mag with the same idea to teach myself!! If you need the link to an online tutorial just let me know.

Ginnie said...

Good luck, I have never been able to get to grips with crochet !!

stitchersanon said...

I have never tried it. Good luck!

Nancy G said...

Have fun! I had a few ladies in their 80's and 90's teach me back when I was in my early 20's. Its been just a blessing to me...hope you too have fun with it too!

Rudee said...

Sending only positive thoughts from across the pond. I think you can, I think you can...

Terry said...

Have fun with your crocheting! Can't wait to see what you make!
:0)

Karan said...

Enjoy! The doll looks like a fun make. :0)

hokgardner said...

I've never been able to get the hang of crocheting anything other than a single chain, and even that was tough. Good luck with the project.

zetor said...

Once 'hooked'(excuse pun!) you'll love it .

Knitting Linguist said...

Thanks for the warning! It sounds like you've found the right book to get you started though -- have fun :)

Karen said...

you will be fine, I bet you make so many things with crochet. Be careful, it's addictive! How is your eye?

Andee said...

This looks like a cool magazine. I can't wait to see what you make!

Elena said...

I would like to learn crocheting too! Can wait to see your first projects!