Wednesday 15 August 2012

Old Treasures

On one of my sort outs, I found some projects that needed finishing.  One of them was a hardanger piece I did at a workshop held by Craftastic, our local craft shop.  It was the first time I'd done hardanger, and it was great to have someone show me how easy it was.

This was the second piece I started in class.  I finished it at home after buying more thread, but then it was left, it needed beads.  I bought beads, but somehow, it got forgotten.
In my drive to get these odds and ends done, I got it out again, and added the beads.  Like a good girl, I didn't put it away again, it went straight to the sewing table.

I sorted through my fabric, and I had just enough of the red to make it up into a wall hanging, complete with hanging sleeve.

14 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Beautiful!!!!

Tudy said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I have always wanted to learn to do that but never had a chance yet.

Karen said...

love the boldness of the red Jane and it makes the pattern stand out beautifully.
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Terry said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations on another finish! :0)

stitchersanon said...

That is stunning! Absolutely brill. Thanks for quilting advice. I kind of knew it had to be white but was hoping to hear otherwise lol.

Gina E. said...

Oh Jane, that is absolutely stunning. You really floor me with all these beautiful projects!

Wendy said...

Oh it's gorgeous! I love hardanger work, I haven't tried it in red yet, but I will now I've seen this!

Wendy said...

This is just beautiful! I absolutely love it! Such a great finished project!

Maggi said...

Really pretty.

Unknown said...

My mother does hardanger, but she does the traditional white. The white is lovely but I really like the red twist on a classic. Very bold and very charming.

Terry said...

Great love the traditional red white combination.

Rudee said...

Oh, I love this!

Sue said...

It is absolutely beautiful. The red is striking.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Jane. I've only ever seen hardanger done in white or cream before. The red is very dramatic. What a good idea finishing things off as well. It's funny how sometimes it doesn't take long to finish something and when that happens I always wonder why I didn't do it sooner