Saturday 27 August 2011

A New Mystery Monday Project

The new Mystery Monday project was announced just before I went away.  I didn't think I would be able to take part as, at the time, I wasn't buying new fabric.  However, I was delighted to read the fabric requirements and see it was going to be something made completely from scraps.  Now that was something I could do.

The first week was posted the week I went away, and it was to cut squares of fabric.  Now that was an easy one, I already had lots of 21/2" cut.  That left me with two weeks to do when I came home.
One week was to make 18 four patch units of lights, the second, 18 four patch units of darks.  As I already had quite a few 2 patch units made up, this didn't take too long to do at all. 

Now I am ready for the next installment on Monday.

9 comments:

Maggi said...

Looking good. Glad you were able to catch up so easily. I may have to miss this one, so much else to do at the moment.

scraphappy said...

How fun to use up lots of scraps and get to play along with a mystery at the same time. I hope you love it when it is done.

Terry said...

If only I hadn't just used up all my 2-1/2 inch squares, I might give this one a try! Can't wait to see yours as it comes together! :0)

Gina E. said...

This is uncanny...I spent most of this evening cutting all my scraps into 2-1/2" squares, simply to tidy up my scraps box. Then what happens? I visit you and find another neat project using what I have just prepared! I'll be stitching my lights and darks first thing tomorrow!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Sounds interesting and isn't it great that you had all those 2 1/2" squares done.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elena said...

Wow! This looks like a veryfun project! Can't wait to see the finished piece! :)

Rudee said...

I guess it helped to be ahead of yourself. What's better is that you didn't even know you were! I'm excited to see the second clue.

Linda said...

See, you are a an official scrap quilter now! I'll be watching to see how this goes, I might just play along too.