Sunday 13 March 2011

Wall Hanging or Lap Quilt

The day started sewing half square triangles which I then  arranged to form these blocks, before I ran out.

Originally, the idea was to use this for a central panel of a wall hanging, but as it's quite big, I've begun to think of making it into a lap quilt.  If I did that the borders at the top and bottom would have to be a couple of inches wider than the sides.  As I don't have suitable fabric here to do borders, I shall think on it a bit longer.

There were some of the half square triangle blocks left over, but not enough to make a complete block.  I think eight of them are destined to be pot holders,  the other one can go into my crumb blocks.

2 comments:

Sue said...

It is looking fabulous! Could you get a bit border fabric to use with the leftover blocks to make a table runner?

Terry said...

I was just thinking how nice that would look as a table topper by just adding borders to it! :0)