Monday 17 January 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

I didn't have many blue scraps at the start of this challenge, but I had some half metre pieces of blue fabric.  I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use them up.  It would stop them sitting around in my stash for an unknown period of time, so I cut it up.

The sewing machine was kind to me yesterday, the rest of the quilt went together with no unpicking, so by lunchtime, this is what I had.

I'm just waiting for the border fabric to arrive to get to the next stage.  As you can imagine, I have some blue scraps leftover.  They are now waiting to be sewn together.  Hopefully, they will turn into a table topper and mug rug or coaster to go in the same room as the quilt.

14 comments:

Sue said...

The pattern looks fantastic. What a great idea to make the table topper etc. It will look awesome all matching.

Sue said...

The pattern looks fantastic. What a great idea to make the table topper etc. It will look awesome all matching.

Karen said...

it's amazing that you did this so quickly!! It's gorgeouse, I bet nobody is ever cold in your house with all the quilts you produce!!

Donna said...

Very pretty. I love the blues.

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elke said...

A great quilt! Congratulations.

Annie said...

That's a beautiful pattern. Your house is becoming a showcase for quilts!

Angela said...

It looks lovely, and a great idea to make use of the extra fabrics by making some matching accessories :)

scraphappy said...

What a great blue quilt. I love the polka dots.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Your blue scrap quilt looks FABULOUS!! I too have a ton of fabrics that have been sitting in my cabinets for AGES!! I'm thinking of making up a lap quilt for next Saturday's challenge. I'll choose the design and pick the fabrics throughout the week!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Terry said...

Well done! The top has come out just lovely! And look at all that fabric you've used up out of your stash! :0)

Gina E. said...

Jane!! How do you do that - make a quilt from scraps in one morning? Nah, don't even try to explain - I couldn't keep up with you anyway! Did you go by a pattern, or just sew all your blue scraps randomly into blocks and put them all together? It looks fabulous!

Rudee said...

Gorgeous!

Linda said...

Very cute, Jane...great use of fabric. Your quilting skills are growing very quickly. Good job!