Sunday 23 January 2011

It was a blue Saturday

The wonderful thing about reading blogs, you get to find so many good ideas.  During the week, I was reading Sue's blog and she'd made a pocket for one of her rulers.  Sue had used one of her orphan blocks to make a beautiful pocket and I thought was the perfect thing to use up some of my blue fabric.

This fabric was too pretty for the boys, and I had been wondering what to do with it, so here's my pocket.

 The cats are forever knocking them off my cutting table, and it always takes ages to be able to find them, now, if they drop, I will see them straight away.
 I've used a Velcro fastening for easy use, and once I've found my tri-angle, it will go in there too.
 I also made a bag to go in Jonathan's room for his socks.   I don't know why, but boys just seem to find it impossible to put socks in a drawer, they always end up on the floor, making it difficult to tell which are clean and which are not.
Having one handle means it can hang from the hook on his door, and should be easy just to dump the socks in.  I won't be holding my breath on the success of this venture, but at least I would have tried! 

I think I am coming to the end of my blue period although, I must put the border onto the blue quilt.  That will have to wait until another month to get finished as I need to buy batting and fabric for the backing.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and can't wait to see what colour is going to be used next month.

6 comments:

Cattinka said...

I had to laugh when I read that you cats throw your rulers off the table. My tomcat did that the other day, and broke my long ruler. I guess I need a ruler bag also.
KATRIN W.

Angela said...

What a great idea

Tudy said...

Neat idea but I only have 1 and it is always with the mat. No pets to knock it off either, just hubby.

Terry said...

I should make Brian wone of those sock bags, but I don't think he'd use it! LOL Can't wait to see what your next color is! :0)

Knitting Linguist said...

I love the sock bag! What a great idea - my younger daughter in particular could use something like that...

scraphappy said...

What great bags you have made. Good luck convincing your son to put his socks into one -- if it works I might try it for my son as well. I am so glad that you were able to use up your blue scraps.