Saturday 7 August 2010

Knitting Needle Holder

I had plenty of fabric left from making the knitting bag, so I made a matching knitting needle holder. 

It has a fold over flap, so once it is rolled up and fastened, the needles can't escape.
There is just a little of the fabric left, so I may try my hand at making a little zipped pouch for holding stitch holders etc.  This may not turn out as expected, as putting in a zipper is going to be quite a challenge.  I think I may have to have a practise first.

8 comments:

Terry said...

Great needle holder. You can always baste the zipper in before you machine it or just stitch it in by hand if unsure.
I'm sure you'll do it

Maggi said...

Gorgeous fabric.

Terry said...

What a great idea! Good luck with the zipper. That's another thing I need to try! :0)

Elena said...

What a cute needle holder! I know you will do fine with the zipper!

Sue said...

That is a lovely needle holder. It is one of the things on my ever growing list of things to sew.....Seeing yours has bumped it up the list.

sweetybird09 said...

Oh I love that just one more reason why I need a sewing machine!


would love to put my needles in that!

Mad about Craft said...

Really pretty fabric!

Linda said...

Cute needle holder. I love these. I didn't really think I would use them until a friend of mine gave me one and I love them.

Zippers are ok for me but what I hate is putting in buttonholes! See if there's video on Youtube about zippers and watch a demo. You can do it!