Wednesday 18 November 2009

Fabric Flower Bowls


I had some fun making these little bowls.    I made them in two sizes by adapting the size of the template.  I thought they were ideal for holding trinkets and other small things. I am going to keep one of the little ones on the mantelpiece in the living room for the boys to put in any rogue pins and needles they find.  According to them, there are a lot of them around!

You can find the tutorial for making them at Poppy Lane. They are wonderful for using up small pieces of fabric and are quite easy to do.


I did think the flower shape, before sewing up into a bowl, would make lovely coasters.  I have some coordinating fabrics in the trunk, so I think I'll get them out and make a set.

8 comments:

Deepa said...

aah!! just the thing I was looking for!! You seem to read my mind :)

Annie said...

Those really came out well. I've seen them before at my local fabric shop. There are all kinds of interesting things you can make with that very stiff interfacing. Is that the same kind you use for your postcards and ATC's?

Terry said...

These are so pretty! I'm going to add them to my very long list of things to make! :0)

stitchersanon said...

Oh dear. More to add to my 'to-do' list lol
Beautiful!

Nancy G said...

How pretty is this! WOW! Thanks for sharing. Me too...on my 'to do' list.

Rudee said...

These are so pretty!

Sandy said...

Very cute bowls...lots of ideas!

Karan said...

These are so very pretty, as well as being practical. :0)