Sunday 6 September 2009

Sticks on Fire KAL

Look what arrived in the post yesterday. Rudee has started a KAL here http://sticksonfire.blogspot.com/, so I ordered the magazine and had a browse.
I think I am torn between these two projects. Whichever I choose, I could be late casting on as I will have to wait for the yarn to be sent over from the USA.


Reading US patterns is like reading a different language. It seems we knit completely different over here, so that will be a challenge in itself, but I'm ready for it. Aren't I?

2 comments:

Rudee said...

My friend is knitting that Cardigan in an eggplant colored yarn. It's stunning. THe yarn is Thistle by Louisa Harding.

I've had some difficulties interpreting British patterns, too, but the whole purpose of the KAL is to help one another along. It should be fun!

Thanks for joining.

Annie said...

Both patterns are really nice.

I have the same problem with both crochet and knitting from UK patterns.

And I've even tried to work with French crochet patterns (to no avail). I really need to learn to read those diagrams, but they confuse me even more!