Sunday 11 September 2011

Mystery Monday-Final Finish

 The main top is finally finished.  I wanted to make this into an ironing pad for my quilting.  At the moment, I usually have a towel on the worktop in the kitchen, but something a bit bigger and purpose made was well overdue.

I didn't have enough of the thermal wadding here, so I had to wait for my order to arrive, but as soon as it did, this came to the top of the pile.

The fabric for the backing and binding was a piece of sale fabric I bought earlier in the year.
From just my scraps, and a sale piece of fabric, I now have two table toppers, (to be revealed over the next couple of days) and an ironing mat, I am impressed.  Thanks Chris and Barbara for another wonderful Mystery Monday project.

Another one is starting this week, but I don't think I can join in this time, I have too many other commitments at the moment, but I shall be following on with interest.  I've thoroughly enjoyed both the ones I've participated in.

8 comments:

Sue said...

It looks really striking. I love seeing the secondary patterns.

Angela said...

Wow, that is one fancy ironing pad! :) It looks great

Terry said...

Well done! You're going to love using that! It's functional and pretty too! :0)

Amy said...

oh wow! I love the focus fabric you used; it works so well with the scrap colors.
And that backing....OMGoodness; that's a crazy piece of fabric! What fun!

Rudee said...

My dear, you make me want to buy a sewing machine.

Annie said...

Gorgeous finish and what a great idea for using it!

Gina E. said...

I finished mine off too, it's on my blog now. I don't know what I'll do with it, but I don't think I'll use it as an ironing pad - it would end up with scorch marks, the way I iron!

Anonymous said...

Put's my calico covered pad to shame! A very lovely use of scraps.