Friday 2 September 2011

Embroider, Embellish, Create-Week 1, Task 3

I've finished embroidering on my first piece for the course.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am looking forward to adding other elements, and following from Karen's advice on further pieces.
 I've purposely left the section on the bottom left quite plain, as I want to add some prairie points along here when I join the next section to it.
 On the whole, I've used stitches that I enjoy, though I must say, french knots get addictive.
The next lesson is about damp stretching, and I can't wait to see the difference it will make to the appearance of this block.

One of the lessons learned from this piece, is to make sure that there is plenty or overlap of the pieces.  They tend to move as they're stiched, and without enough of an overlap, the edges can become exposed.
I need to go out again today, but I'm hoping to be able to piece another block this afternoon to work on.  There are some more stitches I can't wait to try.

4 comments:

Maggi said...

I am really enjoying following this.

Terry said...

Your block looks great! I'm glad you're enjoying this so much! :0)

Angela said...

It's looking great. I love french knots too

Anonymous said...

This is coming along so very nicely.