Monday 5 September 2011

Amy's Blocks

The animals were very kind to me, and all my blocks stayed in place on the floor overnight and the blocks got sewn into rows

I wanted the finished quilt to be just a bit bigger, so I ordered some more fabric to add a strip between the rows and to form the border.  It now looks like this:

 With the added length and width, it will fit the bed with a decent overhang.
The next thing I need to work out is the back.  I need to see if I have enough fabric to piece a back.  I know I don't have enough yardage for one piece.



 There was one block left over and this  will most likely  become a cushion to go with the quilt.  I'll make it up once I know what fabric I have left over from the main quilt.
Now, I'm loving these blocks more than I did.  I can definitely look back on this as an experience, and a very steep learning curve.

11 comments:

Andee said...

There we definatly some hard blocks in that BOM! I threw it all to the wind that last few months and didn't complete all the blocks because they were beyond me. Way to go, looks great!

Donna said...

Great job. You are inspiring me to work on some orphan blocks I have lurking in a dresser drawer. Thanks.

Sue said...

WOW! You have done a fabulous job on that quilt. The pets must have known!

Tudy said...

Love the colors and it is a beautiful quilt top but when finished it will be great on a bed.

Terry said...

Well done getting this all put together! It looks wonderful! :0)

Gina E. said...

It looks great! I love the extra green sashing to make it that bit bigger - good thinking, 99!
Giggled to think of the animals carefully avoiding the blocks on the floor overnight, knowing they would have to avoid you the next day if the blocks were disturbed - lol!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. You have done a beautiful job. Can't wait to see it all quilted and finished.

Sandy said...

That is one lovely quilt! A great sampler of learning!

Annie said...

That looks so gorgeous. I just love those colors. You've trained the menagerie well!

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, that turned out beautifully! I love the colors especially.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word. This is stunning. You must be thrilled with it. And proud of the well behaved fur babies.