Friday 1 July 2011

Summer Blues

There's been a change of pace here, the sewing machine has been replaced with the knitting needles.  It was time to knit a summer cardigan.
It's been knitted using Wendy Supreme 100% luxury cotton dk in a very pale blue.

There is a long sleeve variation, but  I decided on short sleeves for the summer.  Short sleeves always make for a quick knit.

One thing on this pattern I've not done before is the double over bands in stocking stitch.  There is a garter stitch edging, which marks the fold over.  It's unusual, but it does make for a nice finish.

I know have two items waiting for buttons, so hopefully, I'll actually get into town this week and sort out some pretty buttons.

8 comments:

loulee said...

LOL On my monitor your images are three shades of NOT blue!
Nice finish.

Anonymous said...

Loving those foldover bands. They give a very crisp finish.

Tudy said...

Love it. You did a great job on it.

Terry said...

Very pretty! :0)

Angela said...

What a pretty knit :)

Rudee said...

The blue is so sweet, as is your knitting!

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, it's just gorgeous! I bet you'll wear that a ton this summer.

Serena Lewis said...

That must be a very pale blue. The cardy is gorgeous and I do like the foldover bands too. Lovely work!