Wednesday 20 July 2011

Another bag

I had enough of the canvas to make another, but smaller bag, so finally got to make it this week.  There are a few changes from the first one I made.
 There is only one pocket on the front between the handles, and one on the inside.
Once I had boxed the bottom, I stitched in seam up the corner seams so that it keeps it's shape.  This is the first time I've done this and was quite pleased with how it turned out. 

I do have a piece of canvas left, so I may make a little zipper bag to go inside for keeping little bits and pieces together.

I'm not quite sure what's next.  We seem to have had a bout of food poisoning, or a nasty 24hr sickness bug, so it's going to have to be something gentle.

8 comments:

Karen said...

the bags are gorgeous Jane. I have so many canvas bags, you know the ones that say things like ''I am not a plastic bag''. I seem to have developed a little obsession about them, they breed!! Hope the tummy bug doesn't come to anything....stay well.

Sue said...

Looks good! I hope recovery is fast from the tummy bug.

Tudy said...

Love the bag and sorry you are not feeling well at your house.

Jehanne's doodles said...

this is gorgeous!!
Hope you are feeling better.

Terry said...

Pretty bag! I do love that fabric! Hope you all feel much better soon! :0)

Gina E. said...

Oh Jane, you poor girl....I do hope you and the boys are okay, and that the sickness doesn't hang around too long.
Love your canvas bags. I have a length of fabric given to me by a friend who is hopeful that I can make a tote bag for her. I've been looking at patterns, but the boxed bottom you mention has me stymied! I need someone to show me...don't suppose you want to migrate Down Under?

scraphappy said...

What a lovely bag, they are always so nice to ave on hand. Sorry to hear that y'all are feeling down. The only good thing about 24 hour stomach bugs is that that don't last long.

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag. I hope you're feeling better (I'm a bit behind with my blog reading). Husband had gastroenteritis last week so hoping you've not got the same.