Wednesday 27 July 2011

Stitched Sunday-Detached Chain

Detached chain or lazy daisy stitch was one of the first stitches I learned.  When I was quite young, I did a dressing table mat using lazy daisy stitch, so I have fond memories of this stitch.
 On this sample, some of the stitches are filled with another detached chain stitch as a filler.
The inner pink circle of detached chain were filled with a light pink detached chain and a purple  straight stitch  so the outer stitch was totally filled.

Other stitches used were stem stitch, for the circles, and back stitch for the lettering and lines at the top.  I'm now looking forward to seeing what next Sunday will bring.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

What a fun project is this! I am tempted to join too.

Terry said...

I love lazy daisy stitches, but I never thought of filling them in until I saw this.

Rudee said...

Is there a better color combination than pink and green? I don't think so. The stitching is intriguing and beautiful.