Saturday 14 November 2009

First Knitting Needle Roll

I was very organised yesterday morning and was ready to start stitching at 9am.  This is the end product, and it's one I'm quite pleased with.  I told my boys they could get me one for a pressie!

This has been made slightly different to the other rolls as the fabric wasn't long enough to do a fold over flap.  I made the bottom section as before and stitched in the compartment, then I made a separate flap for the top.

The two pieces were then sewn together with the binding covering the join.  It is the camera angle that makes the flap look crooked.

It is then rolled up and fastened with ribbon as before.  This size is suitable for the shorter size needles.  Most of the new needles I buy seem to be in the shorter size, so this isn't a problem, but as I have some needles that are much older and longer, I will do another roll to accommodate the longer needles.

I need to get some more fusible interfacing before I can make any more.  I think I need to buy it in bulk so I can keep going. Today, I must finish my fabric postcards.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Very lovely needle roll! I love those quick projects!

Rudee said...

Will this fit 7 inch double pointed needles? I need one of these if it will and I'll order one!

Jane said...

HI Rudee
Have emailed you. If you haven't got it, email me at
loopylou1966@hotmail.co.uk

Elena said...

The fabric you used is so pretty! Love this project!

Terry said...

Lovely needle roll! You seem to be getting these projects done so quickly! :0)

Annie said...

Very nice and useful piece. You've gotten so good and whipping these things up quickly!

Karan said...

Pretty fabric. With the way knitting is taking off again these should be popular. :0)

Serena Lewis said...

It's lovely....nice work!